Crayfish Life Cycle

I read about the life cycle of the crayfish.  An important vocabulary word in my book is exoskeleton.  It means having a skeleton on the outside.

Crayfish eat food called plankton.  Some crayfish live thirty years!  Crayfish are related to shrimp, crab, and lobster.

4 thoughts on “Crayfish Life Cycle

1. Hi Muscle Master,

I don’t know too much about crayfish so thanks for sharing this interesting information. 30 years sounds like a long lifespan for such a small animal! I wonder how scientists track the lifespan of wild animals?

You are your class are doing a fabulous job with the Student Blogging Challenge. Keep it up!

Best wishes,
    Kathleen Morris

PS I’ll feature your post in today’s week 7 STUBC post.

2. Thx
    )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

3. Hi my names Grayden, I read your post and it is an interesting topic if I had to pick an animal to research my first choice wouldn’t be a crayfish. If I had to guess I would say they could live for like 5 years not 30 that’s crazy they can like that long. I have a pond in my backyard and I have seen crayfish in it and I didn’t know they ate plankton I just thought they ate seaweed. it was nice talking to you if you could come to visit me at 2024gjs.edublogs.org